Call for Candidates
The Call for Nominations seeking qualified candidates to run in our 2022 Board of Directors Election has now opened. Applications must be received by 4:00 pm (MST) on January 14, 2022.
We invite qualified applicants to put their names forward as candidates for our Board of Directors. BVCU's Board is actively recruiting diverse candidates who are motivated and prepared to embrace the opportunity to govern a dynamic and prosperous credit union, keeping in mind our core values and driven by what matters most to BVCU: our members and our communities.
In 2022, the following positions are available on BVCU's Board, each for a three-year term.
- Community Director, Canmore (1 vacancy)
- this location does not currently have an elected Director. It is BVCU’s policy to have a minimum of 1 Director from each of our locations
- Director At Large (up to 4 vacancies, at the Board’s discretion)
- seeking members from all our locations to a maximum of 3 Directors from a single location on our Board of Directors
BVCU's Board is looking for candidates who demonstrate a commitment and aptitude to make them effective board members and who bring an identified skillset, expertise, and background to help govern BVCU into our exciting future.
Election Process and Timing
Interested candidates should review the Board of Directors Requirements and Responsibilities as outlined below. Candidates will be interviewed by the Board Chair, Governance Committee Chair, or CEO either before or after the application deadline of 4:00 PM on January 14, 2022.
Expression of Interest
After you have verified your eligibility and qualifications, in order to apply, there are a number of items to be included in your Expression of Interest submission package.
Kindly make a digital submission to BVCU's Executive Assistant on behalf of the Governance Committee no later than 4:00 PM on January 14, 2022. BVCU will use this information to contact you and verify your eligibility to stand as a candidate.
- expectations of nominees at the AGM elections
- information regarding Board committees and quorums, as well as BVCU Policy 20.02
- information on required declarations and training for Directors on BVCU’s Board
- information on remuneration for Directors on BVCU’s Board