Call for Candidates
The Call for Nominations of Candidates for BVCU's Board of Directors in 2023 has now closed.
Election Process and Timing
- BVCU's Board of Directors for 2023 has up to 4 available positions, including 1 Canmore director for a 3-year term and 3 directors at large (2 for 3-year terms and 1 for a 1-year term).
- Expressions of Interest will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Friday, January 13, 2023.
- Following the application deadline, the Governance Committee will review the submissions.
- After each candidate’s eligibility is verified, they will be interviewed by the Board Chair, Governance Committee Chair, and/or the CEO prior to the announcement of nominations on January 24.
- If the number of qualified nominees is less than or equal to the number of offices to be filled, at the AGM on February 7, 2023, the validated nominees will be declared elected by acclamation to a 1‑year term (or longer, if needed, to maintain consistency of experience on the Board).
- If the number of qualified nominees exceeds the number of offices to be filled, prior to the AGM, the Governance Committee will provide election information to BVCU's membership, explaining the voting process. This info will include candidates' biographies and photos from the Expression of Interest packages (which was submitted by the nominee as part of the Expression of Interest, and approved by the Governance Committee).
- In preparation for our online AGM, virtual meeting invitations will be issued to all members who want to attend as long as they are of voting age, as per BVCU’s Bylaws and Policy. During our AGM, which begins at 4 pm on Tuesday, February 7, 2023, the election will take place.
For an in-depth look a the responsibilities and requirements for a director, take a look at the break-down: