In the heart of downtown Banff, BVCU was founded as Banff Park Savings and Credit Union in the basement of the bowling alley in Cascade Dance Hall in 1953. Harry and Felicia Pedhirney and Harry and Bella Hiscock were the founding partners of the Credit Union. Felicia was a driving force in forming the charter, as she was both the first member as well as a manager and director for an impressive 19 years.
Amalgamating with the Credit Union in Canmore in 1975 gave BVCU our modern name. Further expansion has seen the opening of a branch in Cochrane, the merger with Key Savings + Credit Union in Calgary, and additional branches in Airdrie.
BVCU has always been dedicated to being a socially responsible co-operative, where we provide financial services for the betterment of our members, employees, and communities.