Bow Valley Credit Union is currently seeking a highly motivated, upbeat and organized individual who is willing to pitch-in where needed.
Are you an individual who loves to contribute to an environment with an entrepreneurial spirit and an inspired vision for the future? Then we want you on our team!
Who we are
Bow Valley Credit Union (BVCU) is strongly rooted in the communities in which we serve. We take great pride in those communities in which we live and work, and are committed to helping them thrive.
Serving the communities of Banff, Canmore, Cochrane, Airdrie, and Calgary, BVCU has built its considerable success by delivering exceptional service and products to its members. Our members are at the centre of everything we do, and our vision, purpose, and values reflect our commitment to our members and our communities.
Reporting to the Chief People & Culture Officer (CPCO) in the Administration Offices in Cochrane Alberta, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with day-to-day administration in the areas of Human Resources, Health and Safety, and Marketing.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a high level of administrative support to the Chief People & Culture Office
- Monitor, maintain, and action accordingly various email accounts, and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Coordinate and drive various BVCU sponsored events and internal campaigns.
- Work cooperatively and effectively to support the Executive Assistant with the planning and coordination of the AGM, special events, board meetings, and various company functions.
- Provide support to the Administration Office team.
- Assist with recruitment activities including job postings.
- Coordinate and actively participate in various branch and community events that are sponsored by Bow Valley Credit Union.
- Participates in Joint Health and Safety Committee to provide administrative support.
- Contribute to a working environment that encourages pride, teamwork and mutual respec
- Assist with research and implementation of various projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to a network of enthusiastic employees who support service excellence.
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Human Resources is an asset.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Advanced proficiency in and strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), combined with formatting and proofreading experience.
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal social abilities, energetic, motivated, self-starter with a hard driving work ethic and determination to succeed.
- Communicate effectively, speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage confidentiality and sensitive information.
- Confident, detail-orientated and enthusiastic team player.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude.
- Evidence of sound judgment and decision making skills in supporting the overall success of the team.
- Efficiently and effectively completes tasks/assignments/projects and adds value in the process.
- Self-starter, able to establish priorities and organize daily workload with minimal direction.
- Must be bondable.
- A criminal and credit record check will be required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Must be committed to continuous learning and development.
- Must have a valid Alberta driver's license and reliable available vehicle.
- A great work environment where continuous learning, individual success and team achievements are recognized and rewarded.
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- Benefits and incentive programs.
- Vacation and flex days.
- Job Types: Full-time