Board of Directors: Call for Nominations
The Call for Nominations window for applications has now closed.
In 2021, experience, skills, and perspectives that the Board of Directors is looking for include:
Finance and Accounting: Qualified accounting designation (CA, CGA, or CMA) and a strong understanding of the financial requirements of a financial institution.
Legal: An understanding of delinquency actions.
Facilities and Property: An understanding of the current value of the real estate and the rental market.
Government Lobbyist: An understanding of the government’s role in credit union affairs.
Treasury Management: Experience in treasury and asset/liability management.
Technology: Experience using technology in operations and leading large technology projects like system upgrades.
Wealth Management: Exceptional knowledge of financial planning and insurance products and services.
In addition to these qualifications, the Board seeks individuals who can contribute competently to sound governance of BVCU. The Governance Committee will make every effort to determine the degree to which an individual can demonstrate:
- Understanding of credit unions, our values, and the unique communities BVCU operates within;
- Understanding of Board governance;
- Knowledge of the financial services sector;
- Understanding of financial statements and reports, and the ability to assess business performance.
Our Board of Directors welcomes gender and cultural diversity represented by individuals who demonstrate the experience, expertise, and perspective that is aligned with our corporate statement of purpose, vision, and values.
- Call for Nominations – Expression of Interest Deadline: closed (January 15, 2021)
- Nominations Announced: January 25, 2021
- Director Election Voting and Results: February 9, 2021